Just in the last month, Amelia has:
1) Randomly silenced her phone
2) Hid five times from her diary
3) Walked on eggshells around her own thoughts
4) Slept ten nights with her head under the pillow
5) Snoozed six rounds for at least seven mornings
Amelia is now charged with selfishness
Oh! So guilty! –she accepts.
Others in pain –she feels.
Those weeks that might be minutes
the sorrow the fight of the peaceful
the corrosion of cancer in a loving body
Amelia now stares at life as it is:
__ OVERWHELMED __
How easy is to believe,
bias what we see,
Amelia lies on the sofa & cries
A tear of stillness falls steadily
while more tears follow:
1) Ten for not acting
2) Five for delayed reactions
3) A dozen for not showing care
Amelia is not proud!
feels like hiding
Oh, but I won’t! –she dares.
Source: Open Link Night | dVerse